Monday, November 26, 2007

Green Apple Lambic - 5

I think my suspicions were correct about the green apple lambic.

This past Friday was a brew day. Before moving on to the other tasks at hand (moving a Czech Pilsner to secondary - more on that later - and brewing a spiced winter ale) I sampled the lambic one last time.

It still had the scotch-like off flavor that was present about a month ago when moving it to secondary. (Boo.) Not to mention the fact that it looked like something was growing near the surface of the secondary after a week or so. I intended to take some pictures of it, but every time I moved the fermentor to get better light, it'd shake the crap off of the surface again...

So, ultimately I'm still a bit unsure that the batch was totally spoiled, but I guess it's better to be safe with this stuff.

Tack one up to catastrophic failure. I think that makes it Jordan 11 (or so) - beer 2.

No comments: