Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Roommate is a Freak of Nature

In a nearly completely unrelated note to homebrewing, my roommate Eric has proved himself capable of a feat that deserves recognition.

He's always been able to down a beer far faster than I can. Far faster than anyone I know can for that matter. So when, about a month ago, we were out at a watering hole in Chicago which will remain nameless and he was out-chugged by another similarly freakish individual, his ego was noticeably bruised.

Thereafter, I didn't have to do much besides pull out the stopwatch to prompt him to crack open a can of Miller Lite or whatever other foul beer he had on hand, pour it into a pint glass, and proceed to run time trials.

He finally got a chance to redeem himself on New Years Eve. Thankfully his rightful place as the fastest beer drinker (to my knowledge) was restored, although by an extremely thin margin of victory, at 3.1 seconds.

Freak.

No comments: