Tuesday, June 26, 2012

California Trip (Part 2) - The Firestone Walker Inaugural Fest

That is 3 Floyds Dark Lord Vanilla Bean. Really. Suck it.

The whole plan for this trip started when Firestone Walker announced that they were planning the Invitation Festival this winter. Ashley (being the loyal Facebook devotee) caught the post the day they put it up. We recruited Eric and bought the regular tickets the first day they went on sale.

And then we planned a trip around the fest and the easiest days to fly from ORD to SFO.

They've gotten a ton of great press about the event already so there's no need for me to go into a ton of detail about it. But I'd be doing the event and those responsible for organizing it a huge disservice if I didn't say that it was simply the best fest I've been to thus far. The selection of beers, the organization of the festival grounds themselves, and the concept behind it were all phenomenal.

I had the chance to revisit some of my favorites, try a ton of beers you just can't get here in Chicago (Russian River, Pizza Port, etc) and to sample more than a few super-rare specialties.

They just announced June 1st, 2013 the date for next year's fest. I'll be shocked if I have any trouble convincing my partners in crime to do a second round... (Well, other than the fact that Ashley and I will likely have just gotten back from our honeymoon.)


No comments: