Sunday, September 16, 2007

Green Apple Lambic - 2

It's now been about a week and a half since I started this batch. Despite some rather ominous warnings in Papazian's book about the sour mash process one uses to approximate the magical confluence of conditions in a few old Belgian breweries which produces real lambic, the wort didn't really stink all that badly or get moldy. (Which may very well mean that I did something wrong...)

However, I did add all of the green apples I could shove into the fermentor I'm using for this batch today. It kind of looks like beer sangria at this point. It'll be interesting to see how much of a secondary fermentation this kick starts.

In any case, this beer still has a long long way to go before it's even remotely drinkable. So I'll have to wait to share the outcome.

No comments: