Monday, January 16, 2012

First Competition

Square Kegs (my local homebrew club) is running a startup competition later this month. I've never entered beer in one before, but was definitely inspired to do so by listening to Jamil Zainisheff talk about getting better by doing so on many episodes of brew strong. I also happen to think that some of the recent batches I've done with Jeremy are the best I've ever made, and absolutely would stand up against other homebrew.

So yesterday I stopped by BrewCamp to drop off six entries in total:

  1. West Texas Crude (Russian Imperial Stout, collaboration)
  2. Light Sweet Crude (Russian Imperial Stout, collaboration)
  3. Citra IPA (American IPA, collaboration)
  4. Beer Wench Lager (Oktoberfest, collaboration)
  5. Yet Another Imperial IPA (Imperial IPA, collaboration, extract experiment)
  6. Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout (Spice Beer, solo venture, extract experiment)
I'm pretty stoked to get some BJCP-certified feedback on all of the beers and potentially win a couple of categories!

Props to the competition's organizers - they had over 500 entries yesterday. I'm looking forward to the actual event.

I'll post the score sheets once I get them back.



No comments: