Monday, January 22, 2007

Informal Reviews: Rogue American Amber Ale and Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

I've been scattered in my beer consumption over the past week or so and as such really haven't gone out and purchased anything with the expressed purpose of drinking it for a review.

But I have consumed a few oldies that deserve a positive mention and tasted one new beer: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA, Victory Prima Pils and Rogue American Amber Ale respectively.

The Rogue was actually a pleasant surprise - I was at a bar with a decent but not great selection and tried one because I'd never had it before. (I wasn't given the option to drink it out of a glass, so there really wasn't much to base a judgment of aroma on...) It was a nicely balanced, pretty easygoing beer. My snap judgement is that this stuff would make for an excellent session beer. (I'll have to follow up on that.)

90 Minute IPA and Prima Pils are both long time favorites of mine, particularly given my propensity for hops. Neither one gets worse with a broader palate to judge on - they continue to really hold their ground as excellent examples of their styles. (American Double IPA and Pilsner respectively.)

No comments: