Monday, January 15, 2007

Location: West Lakeview Liquors

Oh do I miss this particular little liquor (beer really) store.

When I lived down in Roscoe Village, this place was about a block and a half from my apartment. It's just a small storefront shop, but they manage to cram a huge selection of constantly rotating beers in. I think I probably discovered a very large percentage of what I'd now consider my favorite beers at this place by just walking in a picking something new out of the cooler.

I think it's a shame that there aren't more places out there like this that just focus on quality beer and quality booze. Especially places that have knowledgeable employees who can actually make recommendations based on styles or makers one likes.

It seems like there really aren't very many of the small specialty shops around at this point up where I live now. Everything is either a cheap-feeling convenience store that happens to stock some beer or a Binny's type location that's got a decent selection, but doesn't rotate or really carry the esoteric stuff.

In any case - if you live down in the Lakeview / Roscoe Village area, go to this place and support an outstanding local business. (I am not affiliated with these folks in any way, shape or form other than having been an extremely satisfied customer in the past.)

No comments: